According to Colorado Amendment 64, Colorado has very clearly defined laws in regard to the possession, sale and use of cannabis. The most obvious illegal activities are:
- Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of marijuana.
- Transporting marijuana without utilizing a sealed “Exit Bag”* can open you up for CO’s “Open Container” fines.
- Consuming marijuana in public.
- Buying or selling cannabis by anyone not licensed by the State of Colorado.
- Giving or selling marijuana to a minor.
- Taking marijuana purchased in Colorado out of our state.
- Consuming or cultivating marijuana on U.S. Federal property.
Abusing any aspects of these laws could jeopardize your rights and privileges to purchase and possess marijuana in Colorado. In addition to this, you could be prosecuted, jailed, and fined substantially, as these are felony offenses in Colorado.
For a complete list of the actual statues that apply to marijuana, please go to the State of Colorado website and read the actual statutes.